One of the best ways to improve the audio in your car is to install a stereo amplifier. This will deliver a stronger more balanced signal to your speakers and increase the all round enjoyment you get from owning a good stereo system.
Installing an amplifier yourself is not that difficult, but there are certain precautions you must take to ensure that all goes well and your new and existing equipment is not damaged.
Here is what you have to do:
- Before you do anything else, decide where you are going to house the amplifier and ensure that you will be able to run all the necessary power and speaker cables to and from the unit. You will need to make sure that the amp is secured and not able to move. If it’s in the rear of the car you can secure it to the subwoofer casing. If it’s under a seat you can strap it or screw it to the floor of the car.
- You must never work on the electrics of your car when the battery is connected. Disconnect the earth or negative cable from your battery.
- Take the amplifier power cable and remove the fuse from its holder. Connect the cable to the positive terminal of the battery and make sure that it is secure.
- Find an opening in the fire wall and run the cable to through to the interior of the car to where the amplifier will be secured. Note that the power cable must never run alongside any of the speaker cables. If the cables have to cross, make sure they cross at ninety degrees.
- Once the amplifier is in place it must be earthed to the body of the car. Find a screw or bolt no more than two or three feet away from the amplifier. Unscrew it and clean the area immediately under it so that there is good contact with the metal of the car. Connect the earth wire to it and make sure that it won’t come loose.
- Now connect the amplifier to signal and remote wires to your head unit and connect your speakers and subwoofer to the amplifier.
- When stripping wires, don’t remove more insulation than you have to. Exposed wire will cause problems.
- Finally insert the fuse into its holder and reconnect the earth wire to the battery.
- Run the system and ensure that all the speakers are responding before you put the interior of the car back together.
Where to Find a Car Stereo with bluetooth ?
If you try looking around on internet to find out a ton of information about car stereo , that could make you so confused.